Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm FIFTY!


Although I've been claiming to be 50 for over a year and a half, yesterday officially marked the occasion! Steve and I went to dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant called Rosso where the wine list is superb and the food more than delicious. My sister Sonya and Vipin sent this floral cake...which our cat Shadow would very much like to eat. I got some stitching and art paperwork accomplished and am looking forward to this Sunday when we leave for Manchester, England to see Mathias and Laura-Jane in the Birmingham Royal Ballet productions. Best of all, it looks like I'm finally going to meet Laura-Jane's parents! Steve has met on another trip but I wasn't along that time.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Susan on your official 50th birthday.
Have a great time in England.

Wanda said...

ha ha Wow...no, I'm just not going to say it!!! ha ha ha You know...what I ALWAYS say when you have a birthday!!! ha ha ha Oh, what the heck.....You'll always be older than me!!!!! ha ha haha Happy real birthday and have a great trip to Manchester and have fun meeting Laura Jane's parents. Maybe they'll get engaged some day......

Linda of the Lake said...

No, no, you can't be 50 years old! That would make me.......... Old enough to be your mother...... glad that I am. Love you and hope you have a great time with the kids. I'll be there in thoughts.